- The word 'byte' is a contraction of 'by eight.'
- The dollar symbol ($) is a U combined with an S (U.S.)
- Maine is the toothpick capital of the world.
- Barbi's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
- The tune for the "A-B-C" song is the same as "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
- Des Moines has the highest per capita Jello consumption in the U.S.
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head."
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- Great Britain was the first county to issue postage stamps. Hence, the postage stamps of Britain are the only stamps in the world not to bear the name of the country of origin.
- Since 1896, the beginning of the modern Olympics, only Greece and Australia have participated in every Games.
Here we present to you a handful of useless and some my say pointless facts about random facts.
Labels: Useless Facts
Chuck Norris has grown into a cult like following on the internet in recent years, and we have uncovered some startling facts about Chuck Norris. Enjoy.
- Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
- The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
- The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.
- There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
- Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."
- There are no weapons of mass destruction. Just Chuck Norris.
- A Chuck Norris-delivered Roundhouse Kick is the preferred method of execution in 16 states.
- Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter.
- If tapped, a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick could power the country of Australia for 44 minutes.
- French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.
Labels: Chuck Norris Facts
Enjoy this off the wall collection of various different fun facts that may be of interest to you.
- Ants never sleep.
- No word in the the English dictionary rhymes with "MONTH".
- The human brain is 80% water.
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum.
- The parachute was invented by DiVinci in 1515.
- Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.
- There are 86,400 seconds in day.
- A goldfish has a memory span of about 3 seconds.
- Singapore has only one train station.
- The earth is approx. 6,588,000,000,000,000,000 tons.
Labels: Fun Facts
This is a cool collection of somewhat random and interesting facts you may enjoy.
- The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
- The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
- The first coast-to-coast telephone line was established in 1914.
- On Sesame Street, Bert's goldfish were named Lyle and Talbot, presumably after the actor Lyle Talbot.
- Louis IV of France had a stomach the size of two regular stomachs.
- Pepsi originally contained pepsin, thus the name.
- Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- Ethernet is a registered trademark of Xerox, Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T.
- The newest dog breed is the Bull Boxer, first bred in the United states in 1990-91.
- The first hard drive available for the Apple ][ had a capacity of 5 megabytes.
Labels: Cool Facts
Checkout this crazy collection of some random and interesting facts.
- The real name of Astro (the dog from The Jetsons) is "Tralfaz" -- his real owner appeared one day to claim him but wound up giving him back to the Jetsons.
- A new baby usually deprives it's parents of 400-750 hours of sleep in the first year.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- Other than fruit, honey is the only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life.
- Only two states' names begin with double consonants: Florida and Rhode Island.
- The largest city in the United States with a one syllable name is Flint, Michigan.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- In Mel Brooks' 'Silent Movie,' mime Marcel Marceau is the only person who has a speaking role.
- The word "set" has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To Beaver".
Labels: Crazy Facts